Strange Brew is open!
We are Bristol’s newest independent mid-sized venue, having opened our doors in the city centre in September 2020. Under Covid rules we are operating as a DIY bar, live music venue, café, record shop and exhibition space, but will eventually also be hosting a full range of workshops, talks and plays.
After several months of building and decorating we have also been hard at work putting in measures to ensure we can operate safely in the current circumstances. These include:
- Proof of negative PCR/Lateral flow test or vaccine passport required on the door*
- Reduced capacity (our rooms are spacious!)
- Additional ventilation – no recycled air
- Mask wearing encouraged
- Mask required for entry & compulsory when ordering at the bar
- Regular hand washing / sanitisation encouraged. Hand sanitiser will be available but please bring your own if possible.
- Longer breaks between performances to allow breaks outside
- Deep cleaning every day
- Card / contactless payments only – no cash
- Card machines and contact points sanitised regularly
* Visitors will be asked to show text or email confirmation of a negative lateral flow or PCR test that has been conducted in the last 24 hours. Physical tests will not be accepted.
Please do not attend if you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are a close contact with a positive case.
We look forward to dancing with you all!
Coming up at Strange Brew
**Bookings for all events via Headfirst**